These are very difficult times and as a parent we know exactly how hard home schooling can be and how much pressure you feel to get things done and to get your child through a certain amount of work each day. We completely get that there is a fear that they will fall behind or that they will miss big chunks of their education.
Here are some strategies that you can use at home to support your child if they feel stressed or are anxious or are just not coping at any point during the lockdown. Some of these may not work for your child, but that is ok.
- Keep your child in a routine, get dressed and ready for the day.
- If your child is feeling stressed with online learning, take a break.
- If they need it, use a timer to give them a clear start and end times to the activity. You can use online timers such as this one-
- Make sure they get down time and time to relax.
- If your child gets angry, give them space. Let them choose and activity that calms them down.
- Let them talk when they are ready.
- Use some of the regulation resources below.
- Do not struggle alone, we are here to help.
- Don’t forget to visit our Emotional Health and Wellbeing section on the school website for support and advice-