Our science topic this term is PLANTS.
The objectives set for Year 1 pupils are:
Identify and name a variety of common wild and garden plants, including deciduous and evergreen trees.
Identify and describe the basic structure of a variety of common flowering plants, including trees.
50 things to do in your back garden - there are some great ideas to support your child's understanding of plants.
Science activities could also include:
- Scavenger hunt in your garden
- Natural artwork inspired by Andy Goldsworthy
- Plant some seeds – these could be sunflowers. You could keep a simple diary of their growth, measure/draw as they grow
- Mini beast hunt
- Build a bug hotel
- Create a beautiful space in your garden
- Sit in your garden/ look out of your window and appreciate – what can you see? What can you hear?
Growing Plants at Home (an optional extra).