Notes from Mrs Anderson on this week's videos and worksheets.
Hi all, I hope you are enjoying the maths videos from White Rose. They are the best resources I have found as they are what we would be using if we were in school as normal. I think they are great because they allow parents and carers to see/learn the strategies that the children are using. I have watched all the videos again for this week and think the following may be of use to you...
- Make some 100s 10s and 1s counters to use in lessons. (they don't need to be fancy - unless you want them to be!) A cereal box cut up, coloured and labelled works great.
- Be careful, occasionally the speaker says the wrong number however the calculations onscreen are correct!
- Tuesday's lesson introduces another method of multiplication. You may like to use grid method to check if you find the new method tricky at the start.
- On Tuesday's lesson the missing digits questions are challenging but push yourself to have a go. Use counters to help or draw counters.
- On Wednesday's video for division they use Base 10 equipment, you could make these in lego, play-doh, by drawing and cutting out tens sticks and ones cubes or anything else you can think of. I'd like to see what ideas you come up with!
- BE AWARE WITH FRIDAYS CHALLENGES THAT THEY GET HARDER AS YOU WORK THROUGH THEM. CHALLENGES 1&2 ARE FOR 5-7YEARS AND CHALLENGES 3-6 ARE FOR 7-11 YEARS
Remember all we ask is that you try your best.
Week 7 Adding and subtracting 2-digit and 3-digit numbers -18.5.20
Please use the links below to access this week's videos.
Don't worry when you get to the video and it says 'Week 5'. This is because the regular week 7 work is fractions that we have already covered. This is an alternative and supports our development of addition and subtraction strategies.