Maths learning could also include:
- Practise counting forwards and backwards in 2's, 5's and 10's
- Practise reading and writing numbers up to 100
- Look at numbers in the environment e.g. on houses
- Give 1 more and 1 less than a number- 'What is 1 more than 45?
- Get the children to finish sentences 36 is greater than __ 48 is less than __
- Measure objects using non-standard measures e.g. Lego bricks
- Measure containers using cupfuls
- Involve the children in baking, using scales and measuring jugs.
- Play a game of 'snakes and ladders', could even design your own board
- Play 'dominoes' linked to number bonds
- Play a game of 'bingo' writing numbers in words and/or numerals