Teacher: Miss Low
Teaching Assistant: Mrs Clements
Specialist Teachers: Mrs Marshall (Music); Mr Newbold (P.E.)
We have started our Autumn theme, 'What a Wonderful world' looking at Earth from out of space. We are using the book 'Beegu' as a stimulus. We have looked at the world on maps, identifying where land and sea are. We have started to identify some continents and countries of the world.
We have made UFO's to hang in our classroom, chalk pictures of space and planets and made our own Beegu's from plasticine.
We have been showing Miss Low our super phonics, reading and writing skills from Reception and started our number and place value work in Maths. In Science, we have observed our environment from the end of Summer and into Autumn. We looking for signs of Autumn around us.
We have learnt the difference between deciduous and evergreen trees and named the parts of trees. We have looked at the leaves and seeds of trees that we have growing in school and started to learn to name them. So far we have found Oak and Sycamore trees!
As you can see, our first few weeks back at school have been very busy!
HALF TERM HOMEWORK!!
Homework books are not being sent home over half term but...
if you find yourself at a loose end, here are some ideas of things that you can do at home:
Class 1 Reminders
- Children need a water bottle in school every day please. This should only have water inside and should be labelled clearly with your child's name.
- All uniform should be clearly labelled with your child's name please.
- Use contact books (white elephant from Reception or small red books) to communicate with Miss Low.
- PE is on Wednesday afternoon and Thursday morning. Children may complete some PE lessons outside, particularly on Thursdays so please feel free to send in outdoor trainers and plain blue or black track suits for colder weather days.
- Books are changed on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
-Homework should be handed in on Tuesday and will be given out on Thursday.
-The Everywhere Bear goes home with a child from Class 1 every Friday. Please enjoy this experience and complete the Everywhere Bear Journal. Thank you.