Teacher: Miss Low
Teaching Assistant: Mrs Clements
Specialist Teachers: Mrs Marshall (Music); Mr Newbold (P.E.)
Year 1 have enjoyed their first 9 days back in school.
We are learning our new routines, getting to know our environment and teachers and trying our best in all that we do.
We have a Veterinary Surgery as a role play area.
We have been practising our phonics and handwriting.
We have been practising our alphabet and CAPITAL LETTER recognition and formation.
We have been making sure that we understand what a sentence is and unjumbling mixed up sentences.
Our first text in Literacy has been 'Oi Frog!' by Kes Gray and we have been rhyming words.
In Maths we have been sorting, counting and finding one more and one less than numbers.
In our theme work we have introduced our focus on animals; identifying animals and sorting them in different ways. We have also been learning what it means if an animal is a carnivore, herbivore or omnivore.
In a couple of weeks, we are going to have a visit from 'The Animal Man.'
Class 1 Reminders
- Children need a water bottle in school every day. This should only have water inside and should be labelled clearly with your child's name.
- All uniform should be clearly labelled with your child's name.
- Use contact books (white elephant from Reception or small red books) to communicate with Miss Low.
- PE is on Wednesday afternoon and Thursday morning. Children may complete some PE lessons outside, particularly on Thursdays, so please send warm outdoor kit (tracksuit bottoms, tops and trainers) especially in Winter months.
- Home reading books are changed on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
-Homework should be handed in on Tuesday and will be given out on Thursday.
-The Everywhere Bear goes home with a child from Class 1 every Friday. Please enjoy this experience and complete the Everywhere Bear Journal.