Aims of the use of P.E. Funding 2016-17.
In 2016-17 the school received £8690 of Sports Premium funding. This was used in a number of ways to achieve our aims. After the successful set up of the 'Hagley Pyramid Sports Parentship' some of the fund was used to maintain this positive aspect of inter-sports activities and keep these running with our other pyramid primary schools at Clent, Belbroughton, Romsley St Kenelm's and Hagley.
The aims of this partnership are:
- Every child in Key Stage 1 & 2 will have the opportunity to compete with children from another school;
- Every opportunity will be made for staff CPD alongside coaches employed or specialist teachers used;
- Teams will be entered into Tag Rugby, Cricket, Cross-Country, Netball, Football, Bell-Boating, Regatta & Rounders;
- The opportunity will be given for a proportion of children to experience a sport that they would not normally participate in.
- Due to changes in personnel across the schools, the partnership employed a specialist P.E. teacher to work with all the P.E. leaders from each of the schools to devise a yearly programme of events; source venues and organise the upcoming events. The funding covered the cost of this teacher; the cover for time for the P.E. leaders to meet; cost of venues and coaches to each of the events. In 2016-17, this teacher was Miss Yenson, who has worked as a specialist with Blakedown over several years.
- To continue to enhance the skills of the teachers in teaching P.E. it was decided that Miss Cat Yenson would be re-employed, for one day a week for the year through a local sports supply company - A Sporting Chance. The school's P.E. leader had devised a programme to support staff professional development using the skills of our specialist. Miss Yenson also provided an after school club, which changed each half term.
- To support costs towards the transport to and from sporting events.
- To buy into a sports package to enable pupils to play a range of competitive games from a greater variety of schools.
- To give pupils opportunities to take part in healthy activities during the school day e.g. Marathon Kids, The Daily Mile.
Focus of P.E. Grant Spending 2016-17
- To continue the enhancement of the quality of P.E. through on-going CPD opportunities provided for staff through the purchase of the P.E. specialist employed via A Sporting Chance.
- To continue to support the costs of a specialist P.E. teacher across the pyramid who will co-ordinate the yearly programme of events across the pyramid.
- Continue to provide pupils with a range of after-school sporting opportunities.
- To support charges to enable pupils to compete at other venues.
- To purchase resources to enhance further sporting activities during the school day e.g. Marathon Kids and develop an interest in exercise as part of a healthy life.
- To buy into the Stourport Sport Partnership to enable our pupils to play competitive sport with a greater range of schools.
- Continue to update and replace P.E. equipment when needed.